So everybody is listing things other people don’t know about them. I’ve been reading these lists. Made me think about what it is people probably don’t know about me. Here are a few. As a couple of friends said, “Explains a lot, Angela.”
1. I was interviewed for a full half-hour by G. Gordon Liddy, in-studio, on his radio show exactly one year before 9/11.
2. When I was six, I believed I could breathe under water. The belief was short lived.
3. When I was twenty, I was held hostage by an armed gunman for 45 minutes, and a month later robbed at gunpoint by a drunk man.
4. When I was two, a four-year-old boy didn’t want to let my mother have me back, so he knocked me off a high porch onto the ground and broke my arm while screaming “You can’t have her, she’s mine.” The first male that wanted to own me.
5. Boa contrictors and pythons like me so much they don’t want to let go.
6. I can fight in the street like a dog. I know, because I fought two big dogs for my life the day the first half black president was being sworn in for the first time.
7. I’ve had a weirdly fascinating life.
8. I’m still genuinely smiling. But that you do know.
9. I write songs.
10. I write books.
11. I once rode a bucking half-grown bull.